Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CVS Deal!

ok, first of all I made me up a little notebook that I organize and keep all of my coupons in. I cant tell you how many odd looks & stares I get from people in the stores, not to mention the jokes and laughs I get from my brother & husband, when they see me with my book. It is the only way I have found to keep them organized and not look like a fumbling idiot with coupons flying everywhere while in the store.

Billy use to make SO much fun of me until he realized how much money we were actually saving by doing it. He wasn't laughing last time I went grocery shopping & saved $40 off of my grocery bill and he sure wasn't laughing last night when I got TWO packs of pull ups & TWO packs of wipes for FREE!!! It takes time & patience, which most of the time I am short on, but in the end it pays off!!! In a weird kind of way it is like a game to me & finding the best deal & the lower price is like putting a puzzle together. Yeah I know, I'm weird!!!

Anyway, this is my binder
Yes folks, that is a calculator and it quiet handy!!

I went to hobby lobby & bought a huge pack of baseball trading cards to file my coupons in. I separated them & filed them according to different categories such as, frozen stuff, baby stuff, house hold items, hygiene items...etc. It is much easier to flip to the section of my book when I am in that section in the store to see what coupons I have.

This are my transactions that I did in the CVS:
Transaction #1
1 pack of Pull ups, on sale for $9.49
1 tub of wipes, $3.49
1 purchase for a Christmas present $14.99
Total: $29.93 (w/tax)
-$5 off $25 purchase CVS coupon (from scanning my CVS card in the front of the store)
-$3 off Huggies diapers CVS coupon that was mailed to me
-1.50 off Huggies wipes CVS coupon that was mailed to me
-$2.50 off Huggies diapers manufacture coupon I got off of the InternetRemove Formatting from selection
-$1.50 off Huggies wipes manufacture coupon I got off of the Internet
New total is: $14.47 + tax = $16.08 out of pocket
Savings of:$13.85
which means that the pull ups & wipes were FREE!!!!! All I had to pay for was the Christmas present, which I was going to have to buy anyway and it was on sale for $5 cheaper than walmart!!!!
I ended up doing the same thing for transaction #2. I got a CVS card in Billy's name so I get double the coupons.... Shhhh don't tell ;)
All in all I had a total savings of $27.70!!!
I wish I could afford to put all of the money that I save by price matching & using coupons in a separate banking account for a full year just to see how much I saved. Who knows, Maybe that will be my "new years resolution" and I can start it in January. We will have to see......

No comments: