Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moving on....

Well its official....I have bit the bullet, gone outside my comfort zone and accepted a job in the private sector. On July 11, 2011 I will begin working at Baptist Medical Center as a floor social worker.

Normally I am ok with change but this terrifies me. I have worked for the state for 7 years and seriously thought I would retire in the state system. Despite their low pay and lack of acceptable insurance there has always been a sense of job security that I have felt that I am not sure I will have working in the "private world." Billy has done his part in advancing in his career and nearly doubling his salary since his first job out of college and now it is my turn. I feel like I owe it to him & Raylee to step outside my comfort zone and at least try it.

I know I will like the work because most of my experience is in medical social work and I LOVE the medical setting. It is the non-state medical setting that I am unsure of....haha! Hopefully everything will work out and we will live happily ever after. If not I know that I can always come back to DHS and work in the county....right?!?!

2 comments:

Betsey said...

Good Luck Kim! I know you will do great....Just don't let those Admissions and Marketing folks at the nursing homes get on your nerves. Build a good relationship with them! ha ha I learn from experience! Best Wishes! You earned it!

Linda and Randy Owen said...

We wish you the VERY BEST in your new job, Kim. They will be blessed to have you there! ;-)