Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ready or not here she comes..........

I went back to the dr today for my 38 wk visit. For the past couple of weeks things have not been going real well and complications have started so we prepared ourself to be sent to labor and delivery to have her every week except this week. This week we didn't even get our hopes up. We went to the appointment as usual and was sent home to wait for lab results the next day....as usual....which have been coming back ok.

This week my blood pressure was actually ok but i am dehydrated and there is protein in my urine. When we left the drs office we were told that we were keeping our July 24th scheduled date for the c-section. So we left and I was ok with that. After all we had a busy weekend planed, even though I'm on bed rest! Madison, my niece, 4th bday is Saturday and she is having her party at the Pump It Up in Flowood, neat place and I was SO excited to go! My sister and I were going to take cupcakes to her school on Friday and surprise her with a little mini party for her class. Billy's bday is Tuesday (22nd) and we were going to go to Bonsai but little did we know that last weekend was the last weekend that we had to spend together just he and I for a LONG time!

So, life was good until about 5:33 p.m. I was driving home down HWY 18 talking to Billy on my cell fussing about his broke down car and trying to tell him what he needed to do to fix it and i get a call beeping in. I look at it and it is the drs office so I tell him to hold on that its the nurse calling. This caught us off guard bc we were told that they would let us know tomorrow and over the past several weeks they have taken tons of blood and i have peed in many of cups and jugs and everything has been OK so why would today be any different? So anyway, I flip over and expect to hear Mrs. Connie's voice but instead its Dr. Brantley's. My first reaction was to slam on breaks and then I thought....oh my gosh, this is bad. She is calling me herself. I bet she is going to tell me to turn around and come back now, but luckily she didn't. She said that they got my lab results back and a couple of counts were low and she is pushing my c-section date up to this Friday at noon. Like an idiot, "This Friday as in the day after tomorrow" flew out of my mouth. However, what I was really thinking was oh no, I have a lot of plans for this weekend, but I couldn't say, Friday really doesn't work for me but Monday sounds better! She said, "Yeah, is that OK?" " I thought you would be excited and happy." I told her I was but also shocked and nervous. So just like that and with one phone call our life was majorly changed.

So after I got off the phone with her I immediately starting balling and I called Billy back crying to say that I'm going to miss Madison's party! I want to go so bad! However My sister and I rescheduled her party for school and we are going to do her party in the morning so at least I will be there for that! I think I have gotten over the shock of everything but now I'm fixated on the c-section not being until noon, which means that i wont be able to eat, which means that no one is going to want to be around me! My only advise to to take the good with the bad and don't take anything that comes out of my mouth personal...ha!

2 comments:

KA said...

That certainly does put a kink in your plans, but when you're finally holding that precious baby it will be worth it! I had a c-section too. Not much fun. But I'd rather have stithces in my tummy than the alternative! -KeithAnn

Shea Stringer Long said...

i can't wait to meet her. please take it easy and i'll see you saturday.