Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

We had a ROUGH, ROUGH, ROUGH weekend. Raylee did not want to cooperate AT ALL! I have never been so glad to go back to work in my life! She worked my nerves good! We took her to her first pumpkin patch on Saturday and it all went down hill from there. I wont get into the details but she did have a good time at the pumpkin patch. She screamed most of the time. It was awful! I'm starting to wonder if we are ever going to be able to take her anywhere. We got home about 5:30 and she screamed from then until 9:30. It was awful. I know she feels bad and all but dang! It is the weirdest thing bc she will be fussy and will not take a nap but will sleep all night anywhere from 8 to 10 hrs. Sunday she cried just about all day. We were in major cleaning mode but one of us had to be holding her all the time. We would rock her and she would be a sleep, snoring but the minute we put her down those big brown eyes would pop open and she would go to crying. We had to go to the grocery store. I hated to but dropped her off at my sisters. She was a perfect angel....go figure. My best friend Adria kept her Monday after her dr's appointment so Billy & I could go back to work and not have to take her all the way back to Puckett for daycare and she was a complete angel for her. We were getting ready to leave Adria's house and she asked Raylee.....Are you ready to go home w/mommy? She busted out crying & screaming. I seriously think the kid hates me!

Anyway, the good news is we have to be at the surgical center on Friday at 6:30 a.m. for Raylee to get tubes! Friday can not get her quick enough.......and that's all I have to say about that! Everyone is telling me that come Friday about 9:00 she will be a totally different child. For the sake of my nerves and my hair color lets just hope yall are right!

Pictures from the Pumpkin Patch

The perfect little pumpkin
This is when it all started going down This was taken before we left for the pumpkin patch. She is all happy. Maybe she thought we were going to the buffet!
She was way to happy this morning.
Even though her dawgs lost this weekend She still sported her team spirit on Sunday!
She's not at all interested in taking pictures
So I'm guessing by now yall can figure out that she didn't really enjoy the pumpkin patch. She was sitting in between the pumpkins and proceeded to throw a fit and fell out on the pumpkins. I think we have a drama queen on our hands folks! I'm not sure if she gets it from her Gamma or i jinxed her by putting the sign "the queen has arrived" in her bassinet in the hospital?
Before we found out she will be getting tubes on Friday I wanted to take her back to the pumpkin patch to try to get some more pics but I think we are going to wait until next year. If she is feeling ok we might try to take our fall pictures this weekend. It will be all up to her and her mood. As we are learning......It's her world and we are just living in it!


2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Hey Kimberly,
I don't know if you remember me from band, but hey, just thought I'd "re-introduce" myself in this blogging world. :)

Bless her heart, it sounds like she is just so miserable. Wesley wasn't as cranky as you are describing Raylee, but he had serious bouts with ear infections. The fluid would never drain. My point is this -- yes, relief is coming. It might not be instantaneous, but she will feel SO much better. I was nervous about the procedure, but there is nothing to it. Hang in there...you will look back and wonder how in the world these days went by so quickly. This too shall pass (and you probably want to vomit, b/c everyone has told you that! hehe).

Tate Family said...

PS: I'm gonna add y'all to my blog list. ;)