Thursday, March 31, 2011

FINALLY........

I wouldn't go to far as to day that today is the best day of my life but it is pretty darn close!!! I suffered through 3 long, dreadful, nagging, tough years of graduate school at Jackson State University. In May 2007 I lived to graduate with a Masters of Social Work. For those of you who are not familiar with the social work profession, to get a ok social work job on the bachelors level you have to be licensed, to get a descent job you have to a masters degree, and to get a good job you have to be licensensed with a masters degree in social work (LMSW). Thankfully when I graduated on the bachelors level I took the exam and passed the first time. That was SO not the case on the masters level. Luckily I had my bachelors license to fall back on so I was able to get a job while I worked on passing my masters exam. This time I only told one person I was taking it and I didn't tell her until a few days before! I had to call my mom and tell her I was going over to one of my group homes until after lunch so don't be blowing my phone up, I would call her when I got out! When I finished the test and the result flashed up on the screen I just sat there. This is what I saw..... The times I have taken it before I have missed passing it by a point. A year or so ago they stopped giving number grades like 75, 42, etc... and started saying this test needed 105 right and you got 103. The last two times I have taken it I missed it by 3 questions and the time before that 2 questions. My test today needed to have 97 questions answered correctly and I answered 106 correctly!!!! I was SHOCKED. I wanted to stand up and scream but I knew I couldn't! I just sat there and looked at it! So many times before I had dreamed of seeing the PASS but it was always FAIL!!! I have to keep looking at it! I still cant believe it!!!! March is National Social Work Month. With today being the last day of March passing my test couldn't be a better day to pass it! Happy Social work month to me!!!!
HAPPY SOCIAL WORK MONTH TO ALL OF THE SOCIAL WORKERS OUT THERE!!!!

2 comments:

Shea Stringer Long said...

woo hoooooo!!!!!

Linda said...

Congratulations Kimberly!!
You hung in there and it paid off -