Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Color Your Holiday

The crafty b*%#h as struck again.......

Friday is the annual MS State Hospital Christmas parade! Med/Psych is going to have the best float ever! The theme this year is Color Your Holiday. We have decided to do the Dick Clark Rocking New Year's Eve Party that is held in New York (although I don't know that it is still called this). Everyone will be wearing the Happy New Year Hats and tiaras.

My dad is rigging a pole that we are going to hang our count down ball on. I'm sad to report that our ball is not going to be made out of Waterford Crystal. It will consist of a beach ball wrapped in silver cellophane wrapping paper. We will have different size boxes wrapped up in metallic cellophane wrapping paper that will resemble the different sky scrappers in New York.

I, yes I, am going to be dressed up as the Statue of Liberty. I am making my costume. This is going to be interesting....ha!

Our rec therapist, Chris, is going to be dressed up as Santa Clause. It really doesn't match our theme but he really wanted to dress up as and I just happen to have a suite. He is so excited....ha!

Hope everything turns out good. It is always a lot of fun!!

Emily....remember the year when we were on the forensic unit and we did the manger scene? I was Mary and Larry was Joseph and he really thought that baby Jesus was our baby....ha! He went around telling everyone that I had his baby! That parade was Billy's first encounter with the mentally ill. One of the patients walked up to Billy and this was the conversation that took place:

Patient: Hey man....you got my codes?
Billy(very confused): What codes??
Patient: you know the codes???
Billy (still confused) No man I have no clue what you are talking about!
Patient: the codes that the Government used when they put their chip/device in my head
Billy: No man, I wasn't privileged to that information
Then Billy turned around and QUICKLY walked away.....ha!

A day in the life of Whitfield.....never a dull moment!

No comments: