Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thursday's Drama......

Last week was a rather stressful week. I stayed home with Raylee Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday because she was sick. I went to work Thursday morning but did not stay long. The weather was terrible. I have never, ever seen or driven in anything like that. All I could think was Good Gosh we live in MS! It doesn't do this in MS! Before I could make it to work it was sleeting so bad I could barely see where I was going. Against my better judgment I went on to work to try to get a few hours in before the daycare decided to close and I had to venture back out in the horrible weather to get her.

The whole way to work I kept calling Billy begging him to stay home from work with Raylee bc she really didn't need to be out in the weather and he didn't either....he has been sick too. But like always he didn't listen to me! Right as I was getting to work my sister called me to tell me that there was a bad wreck near her house. She called 911 but was unable to go out there and check on them bc she was home alone with her kids. In the middle of treatment team I was called and asked to come get Raylee bc the daycare was closing because of the worsening of the weather conditions and the roads. Raylee's teacher told me that there had been several wrecks and one person had died. So I venture back out oh so upset at Billy bc if he would have listened to me earlier and stayed home I could have stayed at work until the weather got better and then come home but NO he didn't. It normally takes me 25-30 mins to get to work. On Thursday it took me almost 2 hrs to get home! When I got to my parents I was a nervous wreck. When I left Brandon there were a lot of cars around me but the closer I got to Puckett I don't know where they went. It was snowing so hard I couldn't not even tell where I was. My car was slipping and sliding all over the road. I have never been that scared in my life! When I got to Johns there was a tree down across hwy 18 and I just lost it. They daycare had lost power and I knew Raylee was going to get cold, I was scared bc I didn't know how to drive in weather like that and I wasn't comfortable driving with her in the car with me. I called the daycare to tell them what had happened and I just started crying. Her teacher probably thinks I am a nut...ha! Thankfully while I was waiting on people to clear the tree from the road my parents went and got Raylee.

As I was leaving work my co-workers told me to be careful. One even told me "Oh you will be ok....you drive that big ole SUV" The whole way home I kept telling myself that and It made me feel safer. When I got home I learned that my neighbor, who drives a Hummer, died in a car accident earlier that morning near my sisters house. I was shocked! The other car was a little Honda accord and our neighbor drove the big tank like hummer. I passed the wrecker carrying the accord off on the way home and I felt sure that it was that lady who died. The front of the car was in the front seat. Last we heard she was not expected to live. The details on the wreck are still unknown but we are all still in shock. We cooked some food and took it over to her husband last night. That was the first time we have met him. He works overseas and is only home 3 times a year. They have several kids....4 or 5 I think. Please keep them, as well as the other lady and her family, in your thoughts and prayers.

After all of the stress from Thursday we ended up getting almost 6 in of snow. I will post pics later. There is still a good bit left in the yard today that hasn't melted yet. The daycare was closed again Friday so I took Raylee to work with me. I don't think she was to happy about that but we both made it through the day.

No comments: