Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Self Determination

Ok, I am thinking that this should be a motivational poster for Self Determination!!

When she woke up this morning I picked her outfit out and went over to her changing table to get her dressed. When I tried to put the outfit on that I chose she said in her soft, kind little voice, "nnnoooooo!" I tried several more times and got the same result. We were running late, shocker I know, so I put her down on the floor and told her to go pick out what she wanted to wear and she choose this outfit. I put her on the changing table again, dressed her. Then I picked out the shoes she needed to wear and proceeded to put them on her and as I was doing so I heard the sweet, little soft "nnnooooooooo" come out of her mouth again. So, I put her back down and she ran over to where her shoes are kept and she came back with these. At this point I didn't even try to fight her because I knew it was a loosing battle! I also tried to put her hair up in a pony tail and got the same response! So, the end result is that she went to school looking like she fell out of a rag box and for once I DIDN'T care!!!!!

1 comment:

Shea Stringer Long said...

Miss Country Bumpkin Winner 2010!!
I love it. just face it Kimberly - you have lost. but God love that sweet face.