Sunday, November 23, 2008

Please pray for us......

Today is a sad day in the Reed household. I woke up this morning to let Delilah outside and noticed something different. She was trying to walk but was wobbling everywhere like she was drunk. I didn't think much of it bc she didn't act like she felt bad and was trying her best to get my cinnamon roll. I brought her back in and we layed around for a little longer. When we got back up she still couldn't walk straight. I called my dad to see what we should do. He had the same thoughts we did....that maybe she slept on her leg wrong and it was sore.....but she had been up for a couple of hours and still couldn't walk. We tried calling her regular vets cell phone and couldn't get her so we loaded her up and took her to the pet ER.

He messed around for a little bit and thought maybe it is a disc problem in her back. He took a x-ray and didn't like what he saw. He thinks that she has cancer in her spine. There is a chance it could be an infection in her spine but he didn't sound real hopeful of that. He referred us back to our regular vet and recommended that she do a biopsy tomorrow to see what it is. When we got home we had 2 messages on our answering machines from her vet. We called her back and explained what was going on. She seemed to take interest in Delilah falling of the recliner Thursday night. We are hoping that maybe it is not cancer and maybe it is just an injury from falling off the recliner. We wont know anything until tomorrow.

Please pray for us. Anyone that knows us knows that Delilah is our world. Until Raylee was born our world revolved around her and her needs. I have had her for 10 years and I seriously do not know what I am going to do without her. I cried the whole way to and from the vet and she did what she always does.....licked my tears away.Thank goodness next week is a short week. I am not sure how I am going to make it through it..........


No comments: