Monday, April 26, 2010

New Start

Have you ever felt like you needed a new start? A new city or state, new job, new friends (in NO way is this referring to or dising my current friends) or a totally new environment?

As long as I have known Billy he has always mentioned moving out of the state of MS. Frequently he talks about all of the wonderful job opportunities and how much more they pay that are out there but there is one thing that always stops him and that thing is ME! Selfishly, I have never wanted to move off and away from everything and everyone I know.

I have constantly been thinking about my situation that occured yesterday and trying to make sense of it. Maybe it was Gods way of opening my eyes up to seeing how hurt I was by others selfishness but yet I'm doing the same thing to Billy when it comes to moving.

When i think about it (w/o the moving away from everyone and everything i know) it kinda seems exciting. New house, new job, i hear that social workers make a lot more in other states, and new environment.

Most of all, it would be a new start with just the three of us! After all, home is where you make it. Right?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Shea Stringer Long said...

I totally understand. Chip wants to leave too but I just don't want to leave my parents right now. I told him that if an opportunity came available I would go.
go with you heart. I would miss you terribly but I totally understand the need for change

KA said...

When J.R. and I were first married, we lived in Pensacola for a year. It was so good for us to be away!

Linda said...

Kim - last November, my niece and her husband picked up and moved to NYC - -it was a big adjustment (and they were expecting their first child) - but she knew the job opportunity was the one he had been waiting for. It was tough - but they have adjusted and as you said 'Home is where you make it' - - (but you know we don't want you to move away). Takes a lot of praying to make the right decision -