Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Steps.....

So today I did it. I left Raylee for the first time, not once but twice. This morning I left her with my mom while I went to the post office and dollar general in Puckett. Yeah, I know....I was only gone maybe 2o mins but it was a start.

This afternoon/evening Natalie & I went to Olive Garden and then out to Dogwood while Billy kept her. I am so proud of him. I was gone longer than I had planned but he did great with her. He didn't even seem nervous. I think he was actually excited about having alone time with her. Although it was nice to get out without her and take a break I kind of felt lost at times. I felt like something was missing. I always enjoy the Saturdays that I spend going out to the mall shopping with my mom and I cant wait until a couple of weeks when she will be able to tag along with us. I just hope that she will be a good baby that likes to shop....ha!

Although I didn't cry today when I left her something tells me that will not be the case on her first day of daycare. My goal is to be able to go to work and to my morning meeting on my first day back at work without a red swollen face from crying the whole way to work. Everyone pray that I will be able achieve this goal. It is going to be hard but I think I will be able to do it!

No comments: