Friday, August 29, 2008

Will it ever end.....

OK so we went back to the doctor on Wednesday bc it had been a week since they put her on antibiotics and Raylee was not showing any improvement. They wanted to check her ears to see if they had gotten any better. So I loaded her up to find that she had not gotten any better, in fact, she was worse. Both ears were still infected and her congestion was getting worse. So they changed her medicine for her ears and bc she is so young there is no medicine that can be prescribed for the congestion. They told me that i could squirt saline up her nose and suction it out......words can not describe how much she HATES this and how bad it PISSES her off every time we do it. So things should be getting better right???? Well they aren't!

Last night had to be the worst night she has had in her whole 6 weeks of life. She felt SO bad! She was so congested and could barely breathe. She wouldn't eat much bc she was having to breathe out of her mouth and couldn't do that and suck at the same time. Poor Billy. She threw up all over him and I mean ALL over him. It was the grossest thing I have ever seen. We were hoping that after she did that she would feel better and go back to sleep, this was around 1:30 a.m., however we were sadly mistaken. Finally around 4:30 a.m. she fell asleep cuddled up with me in the bed. All that to say I called the dr back today and we had to go back to the doctor AGAIN! Still no change. Ears still infected and still badly congested. They did test for RSV, which thank God was negative. Please pray that the new meds help her. She is miserable!

The last couple of days I have not felt real good. I thought it was just the lack of sleep. Today my throat started hurting and I'm beginning to get congested. Billy just told me that his throat is starting to hurt. I guess we are all gonna just pass it around. Is this what we have to look forward to....her getting sick and giving it to us??? I don't understand. We were so careful in taking her out in public. I hope this doesn't mean that she is going to stay sick all the time! If this child doesn't hurry up and get well I will be going back to Whitfield as a patient instead of a employee...

As for the hurricane threat.....I will be packing my stuff and going to my parents on Monday, even though they only live 2 miles up the road. If the wind blows halfway hard our electricity goes off. We live so far out it was 2 wks before my parents got power restored when Katrina came through. Although I don't think we have much to worry about, I don't want to take any chances and I refuse to be in the dark with a screaming, sick baby. They have several generators and I would feel safer. Hopefully by this point we will all be feeling better. If not they may send us packing.....

No comments: