Saturday, September 27, 2008

Seriously....Is this ever going to end????

Raylee had a good day at school on Friday, sleeping most of the day and waking up to eat and going right back to sleep so I didn't call the dr because we thought she was getting better and it would be a wasted trip....well turns out I was wrong. Yeah folks I admit it.... I WAS WRONG!

After we picked her up from school we went down to Billy's parents for a visit. Things were good for about the first hour or so and then all hell broke loose. She cried and she screamed and she cried some more off and on for a couple of hours. Finally Billy got her to sleep and she slept until she got home. She ate again and from then on out she got up every 2 hours. Yeah....talk about a cranky mommy and daddy.

She woke up this morning smiling and cooing. Which by the way, we have no idea where she gets the happiness in the morning from, sure isn't me or Billy. I gave her all her medicines. She felt kind of warm so I took her temp. She didn't really have any (99.2) so I gave her some Tylenol just to be safe. About 30 min later i go to pick her up out of her swing to put her in her car seat and the back of her hair and clothes were sopping wet. Called the after hours clinic and got an appointment. Long story short....her ears are not any better after being on antibiotics. The doctor was VERY hesitant but ended up giving her a shot with strict instructions if she has another bad night tonight to come back tomorrow for another shot and they will decide then what to do with her. She said that the earliest she has ever known them to do tubes is 4 months but it would be Dr. Rogers call on what to do. So we will have to see. Tonight doesn't look to promising. She has cried and had to be held all night long. She has gone 5 1/2 hours w/o eating and woke up and only ate 2oz....not good.....not good

My niece, Morgan, who is 21 months old has to have surgery Friday for another set of tubes and her adenoids taken out. The way it is looking I am not going to be able to go to the wedding this weekend. I'm not going to leave Raylee if she is sick and if she is better I don't want to burden my sister with another child when one of hers is sick. We will have to see.

No comments: