Sunday, September 14, 2008

We made it.........

Well, we made it through our first week. It was a BIG adjustment for both of us but we made it. Everyday that went by it a little easier. If I was the one that had to take her in the mornings it may be different but luckily Billy is the one that takes her and not me! My first week back at work went really well, Hopefully it will continue to go that way. We can already see a change in Raylee and how daycare is helping her. She is more content sitting by herself in her bouncer while I am doing other things. She doesn't have to have someone holding her or right by her side. She also has learned to self soothe. You can put her down to bed half asleep and she goes on to sleep. Here are some pictures from the end of the week and weekend.

That crazy red-headed chick has me again...help me....ha!

Oh no! It's her again....ha!

Finally Gamma has me! I'm safe!
Thursday night we decided to step out side of the box and try something a little different, even though it isn't recommended by drs. We tried cereal just to see if it would make her sleep any longer. I went over to my parents house so my mom could show me how to make it and to see if she would even eat it (I don't think I could make it if I didn't live so close to my parents!). She LOVED it! My mom could not feed it to her fast enough! She ended up sleeping 6 1/2hours!
Yum Yum!!!!!
I think all of her fun at school this week caught up with her Friday night. The pictures say it all........




Hanging out at Uncle Michael's & Aunt Lindsey's house Saturday night
Uncle Micheal & Aunt Lindsey watched her while me & Billy went to Sam's and out to eat Saturday night. While she was visiting they took her to the park for the 1st time. They captured some of their fun.....



Swinging at the park with Uncle Michael

There is always fun when Madison is around......

Visiting with Gamma, Grand-Bob and Mamaw Riser on Sunday afternoon
Sunday Auntie Adria came down to visit. We had a great time and can't wait to see her again!
Saturday night she slept in her bed for 5hrs while me and Billy watched a movie with Aunt Lindsey & Uncle Michael. I ended up waking her up at 1a.m. to eat and I put her in her bassinet in our room. Eventually I will start trying her at sleeping all night in her bed. There is to much other change going on right now to try that, however, she does take naps in there. Baby steps....Baby steps.....She loves her silky that her Uncle Bubba & Aunt Emily gave her. It was laying by her arm and she picked it up and cuddled it like that all on her own.
Now that we have conquered one hurtle we have another one coming up, leaving her over night. Not only are we going to be away from her over night but the whole weekend. Billy is in a wedding in Columbus, MS the first weekend in October. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for this. I'm sure Friday morning will be awful knowing that when I leave for work that I wont see her again until Sunday. At least we are getting this all out of the way at once. Since we will be going through Starkville we will have to stop by the MSU Bookstore and get Raylee a few things. It is going to be so hard not to buy the whole store!
GO DAWGS!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: